Monday, August 3, 2009

Church Picnic







We had a fantastic time last night at our church picnic. There were a lot of people there from all different ages. We had lots of babies, students, seniors, singles, and families that were laughing and enjoying time together. The picnic was geared around getting small groups together to launch our fall focus "Church on Mission." It was a lot of fun to walk around and talk to hundreds of people and see old friends catching up and seeing new friendships formed.

I met two small groups last night that were all meeting each other for the first time. It was quite a logistical feat for them to figure out where to meet, but they got connected. It was clear in both of those instances that these groups of people were going to become great friends and grow together in Christ and in their love for one another.

Whenever I see a small group form I get excited because I know that if the group does what it is supposed to that these people are going to be blessed. Over the next few years as each person in the group experiences sorrow, success, and everything in between, there will be friends that will be there with them. I am on call this week so I will be visiting those that are in the hospital. I know that those that are connected in a small group or an ABF are going to have already been cared for and prayed for. I will be there just to bless God's people doing what God's people do: loving Jesus and loving each other.

Pastor Jason Pettus

No comments: